Code of Conduct for Ethical Trading Policy
Fizz Creations Ltd are committed to sourcing quality products and developing trading partnerships with Suppliers (Agents and/or direct Factories) which are both commercially and ethically viable, who share common principles of fair and honest trading and comply with our ethical trading policy.
We will appraise suppliers to ensure our standards are met.
We are committed to ensuring that the product we source is obtained only from suppliers who strive to maintain satisfactory working conditions, comply fully with all legal requirements and the labour, health and safety standards of those countries in which processes take place.
We seek to uphold the following standards in dealings with suppliers:
- We will seek to ensure that local law and good practice is observed for all employment relationships.
- All terms and conditions of employment must be compatible with fair, honest trading practices and have due regard to the welfare of individuals.
- We support a fair and reasonable reward for workers.
- We are opposed to the exploitation of children.
- We oppose the exploitation of workers in general and we do not condone forced labour or labour practices which involve the harsh or inhumane treatment of workers.
- We uphold the right of workers in conformity with local law to be members of trade unions of their own choosing and to bargain collectively.
- Suppliers must ensure that all manufacturing processes are carried out under conditions which have proper and adequate regard for the health and safety of those involved, to include all appropriate control measures such as machine maintenance, risk assessments, pest control and control of sharps.
- We are opposed to discrimination in all of its forms.
- We recognise our responsibility to the environment and will seek to ensure that our suppliers do not compromise standards which could impact adversely upon the local or global environment.
We will take all reasonable, practical steps and reserve the right to assess our suppliers to ensure that the required standards are being met whether through 3rd party, customer or internal audits (such as SMETA, BSCI, ISO, SEDEX membership) and expect all our suppliers to have an open door policy and be fully transparent in all monitoring activities.
We will only trade with those suppliers who are open to the process of assessment and who are working towards compliance with our Code if they do not already do so.
In the event of any supplier failing to do so, we maintain the right to end the business relationship and cancel outstanding orders.
We do however recognise that in the event of non-compliance, withdrawal of our business may cause severe hardship to those employed and will therefore work with our suppliers to move towards compliance.
Our principles draw upon International standards, including the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code, the International Labour Organisation (ILO) conventions and recommendations, which in turn are based on the United Nations (UN) Universal Declaration of Human Rights and Convention on Rights of the Child.
We are committed to applying and implementing all elements of this Code and its Guiding Principles. There is an understanding that certain elements will not be tolerated under any circumstances. Those elements being those that protect workers’ fundamental human rights such as the use of forced, bonded or involuntary prison labour, physical abuse or discipline and extreme forms of intimidation.
Within this understanding it is recognised that some of these elements are aspirational and remediation will not always be able to be achieved immediately. In these circumstances we will work with our suppliers and key stakeholders to create tangible sustainable change towards the standards described. In the interest of transparency, where relevant, we will report our progress externally.
Fizz Creations Ltd Board of Directors